Solar plexus, naval center or Spleen, Liver, Stomach Chakra
Connected to the colour yellow, element of fire and sense of taste. It’s symbol is a 10 petal lotus and it holds the principle “Shaping the Body. ”
Associated body parts are the lower back, abdomen, digestive system, stomach, liver, spleen, gallbladder, autonomous nervous system and the pancreas.
The Purpose & Functioning of the 3rd Chakra
- Being associated with fire it represents the same properties – light, warmth, energy, activity & purification on a spiritual level.
- This chakra represents the sun, as it is our power center.
- Relationships are controlled from this center.
- Here we find our social identity and seek to confirm it.
- One of the most important tasks of the chakra is it’s role of purifying the desires and wishes of lower chakras.
- It is directly connected to the astral body.
- Acceptance and integration of our feelings, wishes and experiences help this chakra to relax and open up.
- We feel enlighten, full of joy and inner richness when it is open.
- If it is blocked or unbalanced we feel gloomy and unbalanced.
- Through the solar plexus we directly perceive vibrations of other people ~ feeling our “gut feelings. “
We know this chakra is well balanced when we feel inner peace. We can fully accept ourselves as well as respecting feelings and characteristics of others.
Actions flow easily resulting in an attitude if abundance.
This all leads to a life of fulfillment and wholeness.
Following your gut instincts in making decisions flows easily and freely,
We feel the need to manipulate and control situations.
There me indecisiveness and difficulty in decision making.
We feel an inner restlessness and discontentment to life.
There is a feeling of being dejected and discouraged. Problem are met as obstacles without solutions, with feelings of discomfort and uncertainty.
Cleansing & activating the Manipura Chakra
- Basking in sunlight
- Visualisations of being in a warm field surrounded by sunflowers.
- Lavender, rosemary and bergamot oils cleanse, stimulate and refresh this chakra.
- Yoga poses with twists will stimulate the chakra.